Thursday, June 23, 2011

what took me so long?

So i have been wanting to start a blog for a few years....so i am taking some me time, turned on Pandora internet radio and i am going to figure this out...in spite of the screams in the background, 'mom!!! he took all the skittles, give ME THEM BACK!!'...i am going to ignore it and keep a typing....leave the laundry, the dishes, the dirty floors, and the kids on pause and open the doors to let you in....yes you are going to see all my dirty laundry, dirty dishes and dirty kids but that is what makes life so rewarding....i gave up scrapbooking when i had my second child Sage, all my perfectly detailed pictures embellished with buttons, ribbons, lovely stickers, and die-cut hand made papers are just literally a 'memory' sitting in a memory tub somewhere...so nice but i can't share it with all of you like i can with a blog....you can flip through the pages of my life cry, laugh, and roll your eyeballs.....my friday nights with paper, pictures, stickers, beautiful textured papers laying all over my kitchen table are over....i decided to give that gift to myself when all my chickens fly the nest, then i won't be so lonely and bored....that will be my time.... now i have 5 little ones tearing apart my projects, i have NO me time anymore so the one way i can save it is in a blog...i can write it, photograph it, and embellish it with REAL life even if it isn't pretty....then you can come over whenever you want and experience it with me....i hope you can be encouraged in this journey of motherhood, a gift from our Lord Jesus Christ....and sit down with some cookies & milk and enjoy the hammonds...blessings to you my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment